Thursday 8 September 2016

Ibrahimovic: Mourinho and I are both winners

Ibrahimovic: Mourinho and I are both winners
The Swedish striker believes he and the coach share many similarities and believes they will achieve further success together at Manchester United
Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he and Jose Mourinho share a winning mentality which will bring success to Manchester United.
The pair won the Serie A title together at Inter in 2008-09 before Ibrahimovic joined Barcelona.
Ibrahimovic, 34, has enjoyed a bright start since reuniting with
Mourinho at Manchester United, having scored three goals in his first three games in the Premier League.
And the striker was full of praise for the coach as they prepare to take on their mutual foe, Pep Guardiola and Manchester City, on Saturday.
"I knew this coach from before. I know what he wants and what he demands," Ibrahimovic told BBC's Football Focus.
"He is a winner and so am I. I will do everything to win and he thinks the same.
"He won, I won, we won when we were young and we will win when we are a little bit older!
"Wherever he went, he won. With Porto, he won the Champions League, nobody expected that.
"In a short time, he has a lot of success. You have coaches that build up and the club has a lot of patience."
The Swede is also a fan of the Portuguese's honesty, another similarity he says they share.
"He is very direct with everyone. He does not go behind your back, he will tell you," he added. "If you're not good enough, you're not good enough.
"He does what he needs to do to win, and he will make sure he wins. Just like me, I don't accept to lose."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system